Professor and Director of the Institute for Translational Research in Children's Mental Health
College of Education and Human Development
Areas of Expertise
- Children's mental health
- John and Nancy Lindahl Leadership Professor
- Co-founder and director of the Institute for Translational Research in Children's Mental Health, whose mission is to bridge the gap between research and practice in children’s mental health.
- Principal Investigator on four randomized controlled trials to develop and test a web-enhanced parenting program for military families with parents returning from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Recently awarded two federal grants to conduct a SMART trial of a parenting program for Special Operations forces and regular Army families across the country, and to create the Center for Resilient Families, which will provide national expertise in the area of evidence-based family interventions to improve outcomes for traumatized children.
- Publishes and presents nationally and internationally on parenting, trauma, and child adjustment, extending parent training models for populations affected by traumatic stress, and the role of community sectors of care as portals for family-based prevention.
- Co-edited Parenting and Children’s Resilience in Military Families, Springer Press, 2016.