Program Director & Lead Scientist
Institute on the Environment
Areas of Expertise
- The economic value of clean water
- Water resources in Minnesota
- Water and equity
- Natural capital and the value of ecosystems
- Nitrogen pollution
- The value of nature in urban areas
- Green infrastructure and sustainable cities
- LCCMR grant to assess the state of Minnesota’s water resources and provide cutting edge research and models to support more informed management of the state’s most valuable natural resource.
- Conducted first study using data mined from social media to estimate how far people willing to travel to recreate near clean rivers and lakes.