College of Biological Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Climate change adaptation
- Impacts of climate change
- Natural resource management
- Conservation biology
- Population genetics
- Regularly counsels state and national governments on habitat management, restoration and endangered species conservation.
- Has extended her work on climate change adaptation to human systems, including health, infrastructure, food and water.
- Works with governments and corporations to build investment in climate change adaptation.
- Co-authored several climate assessment and adaptation planning efforts, including the biodiversity and ecosystem portions of the Chicago Climate Action Plan and the 2014 National Climate Assessment.