Lisa Von Drasek
University of Minnesota
Areas of Expertise
- Children's Literature
- Literacy pre-k - 8th grade
- Emergent and Family Literacy
- Award-winning Children's Books
- Diversity in Children's Literature
- Children's Book Publishing
- Children and Young Adults Reading and Writing
- Children's Librarianship
- Lisa Von Drasek is the curator of the Children's Literature Research Collections of the University of Minnesota Libraries.
- Bank Street College of Education School for Children as the teacher/librarian for pre-k through 8th grade
- Director of the Center for Children’s Literature (the Children’s Book Committee, the Writers’ Lab, and the Irma Black Award for Excellence in Picture Book Writing and Art)
- Writes and reviews for EarlyWord: The Librarian/Publisher Connection
- Has served as a juror on The New York Times Best Illustrated, the Newbery and Caldecott Committees, National Book Awards for Young People's Literature, and American Library Association's Notable Children's Books.
- Has taught Children’s Literature, Diversity in Children’s Literature, and Children’s Book Publishing 101 in the Bank Street College of Education's Graduate School as well as Storytelling and Folklore at the Pratt Institute School of Information and Library Science.