Doug Huebsch elected Chair of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association
Doug Huebsch has been elected chair of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association’s Board of Directors for 2018-19. A 1985 graduate of the University of Minnesota’s College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS), he holds a B.A. degree in Agriculture and Applied Economics. He joined the Alumni Association in 2014.
“Multiple generations of my family have attended the U and are proud, loyal alumni,” Huebsch said. “I’m honored to serve as the Alumni Association’s board chair to represent the alumni voice and to give back to this incredible institution that changes lives throughout Minnesota and around the world. The U is one of the state’s most vital resources.”
Huebsch is a partner in New Life Farms, which specializes in turkey and beef production. He is also President of Goose Group, Inc., which owns several businesses in Perham, MN, and is an Otter Tail County Board Commissioner. He’s married with three adult children, all University of Minnesota graduates.
“Doug has served the Alumni Association as a board member with distinction,” said Lisa Lewis, Alumni Association President and CEO. “As the UMAA’s board chair, his talent and expertise will elevate our ability to engage and serve the 485,000 alumni of the University’s Twin Cities campus, and to help preserve the U’s strength and excellence.”
Huebsch officially assumed his role on July 1. Outgoing board chair, Sandy Wiese, presented Huebsch with the gavel at the Alumni Association’s Annual Celebration on May 4, 2018.
UMAA members joining the U of M Alumni Association Board of Directors are:
- Jason Rohloff, '94 B.A., Austin, TX, Geographic Council Director
- Emilia Ndely, '11 B.A., Atlanta, GA, Student and Recent Alumni Council Director
- Carol Johnson Dean ‘80 M.A., ‘97 Ed.D., Cordova, TN, At-Large Director, completing 2016-2019 term begun by Jim Abrahamson
- Simran Mishra, President of Minnesota Student Association
- Sean Chen, President of Council of Graduate Students
The following were re-elected to serve a second term:
- Mark Jessen, '85 B.A. , St. Louis Park, MN, Secretary
- Peter Martin, '00 B.A., Maple Grove, MN, At-Large Director
- Maureen Kostial, '71 B.S., Minnetonka, MN, Collegiate Council Director
- Chad Haldeman, '08 B.A., Minneapolis, MN, Collegiate Council Director
Founded in 1904, the University of Minnesota Alumni Association connects alumni with each other, supports student success and advances the University of Minnesota. The Alumni Association advocates for the University and its alumni with a credible, independent, and collaborative voice. Members make Alumni Association programs strong and ensure that all 485,000 alumni of the Twin Cities campus share a sense of belonging to our vibrant global community of learners, makers and doers. Learn more at www.UMNAlumni.org or call 612-624-2323 or 800-862-5867.