Kathryn L. Pearson
College of Liberal Arts
Areas of Expertise
- American politics
- U.S. Congress
- U.S. political parties
- Congressional elections and political behavior
- Women and politics
- Author, "Party Discipline in the House of Representatives"
- Author, "What It Takes to Win: Questioning ‘Gender Neutral’ Outcomes in U.S. House Elections, 1984-2010"
- Author, "Speaking for the Underrepresented in the House of Representatives: Voicing Women's Interests in a Partisan Era"
- Winner of the Congressional Quarterly Press Award for the best paper on legislative studies presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, 2001 and 2007
- Morse-Alumni Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2012