‘Gopherbaloo’ Draws more than 300
More than 300 students from grades 6-12 came to Wilson Library on the coldest day of the year to take advantage of the U Libraries’ rich resources and expert library staff.
“Gopherbaloo” is an annual event to support students working on History Day projects. The event is sponsored by University Libraries and the Minnesota Historical Society.
The student attendees were able to receive:
- One-on-one mentor support from University of Minnesota undergraduate and graduate students
- Mini lessons on various History Day topics from the Minnesota Historical Society
- Enhanced research support from librarians
- Access to the largest collection of library resources in the state of Minnesota
- Lessons on using primary sources offered by our Government Information Librarian
- Free copies, refreshments, and more