Homecoming 2017: From a corn roast to Ski-U-Mania
It’s another sure sign of autumn—a week full of festivities for Homecoming. And Homecoming 2017 offers a lot for students, alumni, and the greater community of Gopher supporters. Here’s a partial list of some events happening later this week, and for alumni-related events, visit alumni activities.
• Polar Plunge, Oct. 18, 6 p.m. A polar plunge without a partially frozen lake? Yes, this year’s Gopher Plunge will take place right in a pool on campus right in front of TCF Bank Stadium. Proceeds will go directly to Special Olympics Minnesota.
• Corn Roast, Oct. 19, 2 p.m. This new tradition (second year) takes place on the St. Paul campus mall. Swing by the for free corn (while supplies last), yard games, and more!
• Homecoming Parade, Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m. What’s a homecoming without a parade? This year’s parade runs down University Avenue from 12th Avenue SE to Walnut Street, and Dave and Linda Mona will be the grand marshals.
• Homecoming Concert, Oct. 20, 7 p.m. TCF Bank Stadium will be jumping at this year’s Homecoming concert featuring Ty Dolla $ign and Tinashe with COIN.
• Ski-U-Mania, Oct. 21, 11:30 a.m. Celebrate at the annual pregame party and pep fest that features the Homecoming Court coronation.
• Football Game, Oct. 21, 2:30 p.m. Oh yes, there’s a football game, too. Watch the Gophers take on Illinois at TCF Bank Stadium. It will be Minnesota’s 97th Homecoming football game and 11th against Illinois.