Laura Moret elected Chair of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association
Laura Moret has been elected chair of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association’s Board of Directors for 2019-2020. A 1981 M.B.A. graduate of the University’s Carlson School of Management, she also holds a B.A. from the University’s College of Liberal Arts and a law degree from Northwestern University. She joined the U of M Alumni Association Board of Directors in 2014 and has served as the organization’s treasurer and chair of the Finance and Audit Committee. She also received the University’s Alumni Service Award in 2015, served on the Carlson School Alumni Board, and has served on the Carlson School Board of Overseers since 2017.
“My M.B.A. from the Carlson School of Management and B.A. from the College of Liberal Arts prepared me for my career in financial services,” Ms. Moret said. “I am honored to serve as the Alumni Association’s board chair to represent the alumni voice and to give back to this world- class University that changes lives in Minnesota, the U.S. and globally.”
Moret is a Managing Director with Piper Jaffray Companies, an NYSE-listed investment banking and asset management firm.
“Laura has provided outstanding leadership to the Alumni Association as a board member,” said Lisa Lewis, Alumni Association President and CEO. “Her work as board chair will help the 493,000 alumni of the U’s Twin Cities campus build personal and professional momentum and stay engaged with the University of Minnesota throughout their lives.”
Alumni joining the U of M Alumni Association Board of Directors are:
- Michael Clausman (J.D. ’02), Austin, MN, At-Large Director, completing 2018-2021 term
- Nadia Hasan (B.A. ’02, J.D. ’06), Minnetonka, MN, Collegiate Council Director, completing 2017-2020 term
- Roger Reinert (B.S. ’93), Duluth, MN, Geographic Council Director, completing 2017-2020 term
- Betsy Vohs (M. ARCH ’04), Minneapolis, MN, Collegiate Council Director
- Joshua Clancy, President of Professional Student Government
- Mina Kian, President of Minnesota Student Association
The following were re-elected to serve a second term:
- Eric Brotten (B.S. ’03, B.A. ’03), Edina, MN, Student & Recent Alumni Council Director
- Carol Johnson Dean (M.A. ’80, Ed.D. ’97), Cordova, TN, At-Large Director
- Akira Nakamura (M.B.A. ’92), Tokyo, Japan, Geographic Council Director
- Ann Sheldon (B.M.E. ’88), Lino Lakes, MN, Collegiate Council Director
- Scott Wallace (B.S.B ’80), Woodbury, MN, Treasurer, At-Large Director
About the University of Minnesota Alumni Association
Founded in 1904, the University of Minnesota Alumni Association connects alumni with each other, supports student success and advances the University of Minnesota. The Alumni Association advocates for the University and its alumni with a credible, independent, and collaborative voice. Members make Alumni Association programs strong and ensure that all 493,000 alumni of the Twin Cities campus share a sense of belonging to our vibrant global community of learners, makers and doers. Learn more at www.UMNAlumni.org or call 612-624-2323 or 800-862-5867.