Update: U of M Twin Cities Campus closes due to weather; extends class cancellation
The University of Minnesota Twin Cities (UMTC) campus will release employees — who are not critical to health and safety of our campus community or for event staffing — at 5 p.m. today through Wednesday. Classes on the Twin Cities campus are now scheduled to resume at noon on Thursday. This decision was made after further analysis of weather conditions.
Specifically, this operations update will affect UMTC community members as follows:
- Only designated “essential” employees — as defined by law — must report to work. Managers and supervisors have identified affected employees and should promptly notify them about scheduling. A number of our employees are necessary to maintain our campus’ 24-hour operations. We appreciate their service.
- Employees should report for work on Thursday at their regularly scheduled time, at 5 a.m. or later, so the campus will be fully operational when classes resume at noon on Thursday.
- Some events may continue as scheduled. Employees are advised to consult with their supervisor if scheduled to work an event. Those planning to attend events should consult with event organizers to determine if they will occur.
- For students, the University is extending the cancellation of classes through noon on Thursday. Any classes scheduled for noon or later on Thursday will proceed as scheduled. Faculty and instructors should communicate with students to determine how missed classes or related assignments may be made up.
- On-campus child care services will be closed between 5 p.m. today and noon on Thursday.