Severe weather plans for August 22 Minnesota Vikings vs. Oakland Raiders game at TCF Bank Stadium
With today shaping up to be a very active weather day, the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Vikings want to ensure that fan attending tonight’s Vikings-Raiders game at TCF Bank Stadium are aware of and prepared for potential severe weather.
According to the National Weather Service, confidence is very high severe weather will impact the Twin Cities between 6 and 8 p.m. Game time is 7 p.m., and fans should keep the following information in mind before and during the game:
- Fans in tailgate lots should be aware of changing weather conditions and stay informed via the radio or their cellphones
- With high winds expected, fans should ensure that tents, flags and other tailgate gear are securely tied down or put away before the storm hits
- If necessary, Williams, Mariucci and Ridder Areas will be open as storm shelter locations.
During the game:
- Pay attention to changing weather conditions
- Listen for severe weather announcements from the stadium public address and watch for instructions on the scoreboards
- If a stadium evacuation is needed, Williams, Mariucci and Ridder Areas will be open as storm shelter locations. Fans should keep their tickets to re-enter the stadium after the storm passes
A campus map, including TCF Bank Stadium Williams, Mariucci and Ridder Areas can be found at http://campusmaps.umn.edu/tc/map.php?extent=east