U of M Alumni Association strengthens programs and services
In a renewed effort to serve all University of Minnesota alumni, the U of M Alumni Association has refreshed its programs, services and benefits. The initiative is titled ‘Stay Connected.’
“We care about all alumni and deeply value our members who support our mission. Every graduate matters to us, and we want them to know they’re gaining more than a degree—they’re joining a lifelong community of more than 445,000 people,” says Lisa Lewis, President and CEO of the U of M Alumni Association. “The mission and values of the U of M Alumni Association haven’t changed, but we’re enhancing our offerings to breathe inclusivity and relevancy into our core mission. Our members provide the vital support that enables us to fulfill that mission.”
The new and refreshed elements of the Alumni Association include:
- Tailoring events and offerings to meet the varying needs of alumni life stages.
- Creating Gold Mind, an online collection of University faculty and expert talks available 24/7. The videos are organized into categories including family, environment, health, history, arts and culture.
- Launching this season’s Alumni Webinar Series, featuring live webinars on career and personal topics.
- Hosting new “Behind the Scenes” events where alumni can gain special access opportunities to see people, places and events.
- Partnering with University of Minnesota schools and colleges on Alumni Day of Service, when fellow Gophers from coast-to-coast participate in local volunteerism to better their communities.
- Amplifying the most popular events and activities, including Emerging Professional Network social hours and Mentor Appreciation events.
The U of M Alumni Association will launch more services and offerings to its alumni throughout the year. Visit MinnesotaAlumni.org to get involved and find out more.