Joan T. A. Gabel, U of M presidential finalist, to participate in public forums on each campus
As the next step in the search for the University of Minnesota’s 17th president, finalist Joan T. A. Gabel will visit each of the University’s five campuses next week before being interviewed by the full Board of Regents on Friday, Dec. 14.
As part of her visits, Gabel will participate in public forums on each campus. In a moderated Q&A format, Gabel will address questions from the audience and receive community feedback on what is needed from the University’s leader at this time in its 167-year history.
Gabel will visit the Twin Cities campus on Monday, Dec. 10; the Morris and Crookston campuses on Tuesday, Dec. 11; the Duluth campus on Wednesday, Dec. 12; and the Rochester campus on Thursday, Dec. 13. Media are welcome to attend the public forums, and in conjunction with each forum, Gabel will host a brief media availability to address additional questions from the press.
Information gathered during these forums, as well as feedback that continues to be received at president-search.umn.edu, will inform the full Board of Regents when it gathers to interview Gabel.
More information, including specific dates, times and locations for each campus visit can be found at: https://president-search.umn.edu/finalist.
Media note: Please contact each campus’ Public Relations team to coordinate attendance and logistics on that campus.
- Emmalynn Bauer, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, email@example.com, 612-626-1720.
- Jenna Ray, University of Minnesota Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-589-6068.
- John Hachtel, University of Minnesota Rochester, email@example.com, 507-258-8202.
- Elizabeth Tollefson, University of Minnesota Crookston, firstname.lastname@example.org, 218-281-8438.
- Lynne Williams, University of Minnesota Duluth, email@example.com, 218-726-6141.